A web application is a program designed to perform some task for the user by getting information from a remote computer/server and delivered over internet through a browser or other apps.
A Web app can be accessed from different mediums.
A browser based application is a web site which has some logical functionality for the user that is done on browser and or server and display results.
Sometimes we confuse all website is a web application. This is wrong, all websites is not a web application. A website which has some logical functionality will consider as a web application. We cannot tell static pages of the web site as a web application.
A web application can run without browser help. These types of applications need to install in the user’s system or mobile device or downloaded each time and data will processed each time with the server.
For few application data stored locally and retrieve data whenever needed. When internet available data will be synchronize with the server. Few applications work offline also.
Advantages of web Applications
· No need to install the application locally. Few applications need to install based on user requirements.
· For business - It takes less time to update details and can reach many customers in time.
· Data can be centralized so easy to back up and from any location it can be accessible.
· It will be available 24 x 7 (24 hours and 7 days).
· We can add new feature/functionality without affecting older one.